Memorandum Circular No. 20‑14:
Ensuring Enhance Operations for BPO Companies and Export Entities, and Their Service Providers, Throughout the Enhanced Community Quarantine Period
MC 20-14 or Memorandum Circular No. 20-14 is a directive from the Department of Trade and Industry on the guidelines for the operations BPOs, Export Enterprises, and their service providers throughout the extended Enhanced Community Quarantine which will last until 30 April 2020.
What enterprises are covered in MC 20-14?
- PO Companies
- Export Enterprises
- Support Service Providers of BPOs and export enterprises
Operations of covered enterprises:
- Delivery, installation or transfer of necessary equipment to set-up for the work-from-home (WFH) arrangement, including provisions for trouble- shooting support;
- Delivery or installation of telecommunication services by telcos;
- Delivery of logistical support, such as food or essential goods of the personnel in the temporary housing or on WFH; and
- Other support services necessarily required in the operations of BPO companies.
Export enterprises are allowed to enhance their operations provided that they arrange:
- On-site or near site accommodations within the 5km radius of the factory or facility
- Point-to-point shuttle services for employees
- Both subject to proper health protocols and strict observance of social distancing
Movement of personnel:
Personnel of covered enterprises shall be allowed to travel subject to presentation of:
- Company ID containing address of employer and employee residence address;
- Certificate of employment issued by the employer;
- For personnel of the export enterprise, copy of the Certificate of Registration (CR)of the company issued by BOI, PEZA, other Investment Promotion Agencies or the SEC; and
- or personnel of the support service providers, a certification from the BPO company or export enterprise.
All LGUs shall abide by this DTI MC as prescribed under IATF Resolution No. 22, series of 2020.